UPDATED: The UniBrass 2017 draw took place on Friday 2nd December. The lists below have now been updated to show the order of play for the contest.
The bands for UniBrass 2017, and the sections they will compete in, have today been confirmed. This year’s contest is the biggest ever, with 22 bands coming from across the country to the Harrogate International Centre. You can buy your tickets right now from http://unib.co.uk/tickets.
Competing for the brand new UniBrass Shield (the design of which is still top secret!) will be:
- Oxford University Brass Band
- University of Sheffield Brass Band
- Durham University Brass Band
- University of York Brass Band
- Leeds University Union Music Society Brass Band
- Nottingham Trent University Brass Band
- Keele University Brass Band
- Cambridge University Bras Band
- University of Chichester Brass Band
- Lancaster University Brass Band
And competing for the UniBrass Trophy are:
- University of Manchester Brass Band
- University of Birmingham Brass Band
- University of Nottingham Brass Band
- Bangor University Brass Band
- University of Warwick Brass Band
- Royal Northern College of Music Brass Band
- Birmingham Conservatoire Brass Band
- University of Southampton Brass Band
- University of Huddersfield Brass Band
Section allocations have been calculated on the basis of results from UniBrass 2015 and 2016, with new bands placed at the discretion of the UniBrass organising committee.
To sum up: buy your tickets, and get ready for a huge day of brass on February 18th!